Standpoint : Attorney's and advocates against domestic and sexual violence.
Standpoint, formerly Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project (BWLAP), is a statewide organization whose mission is to promote justice for domestic and sexual violence victims. We provide direct representation, legal information, training, litigation support, and expert support on program and legal issues.
Since 1996, our agency established a statewide reputation as the premiere legal resource for domestic and sexual violence victims, as well as those who work with them including advocates, attorneys, and other system’s professionals. Standpoint exists to respond effectively to the constantly evolving legal needs of domestic and sexual violence victims and is the first resource people consult in a legal crisis.
What We've Achieved
Standpoint served the state of Minnesota for twenty years, as the Battered Women's Legal Advocacy Project (BWLAP). Today, we're holding true to the same support we've offered Minnesota and streamlining our mission to better serve Minnesota families and communities in the fight against domestic and sexual violence.
- Standpoint fields over 2,000 contact calls every year.
- Standpoint trains over 500 professionals each year.
- Standpoint protects victim’s confidentiality by quashing multiple subpoenas a year.
- Standpoint has filed over 25 amicus curiae briefs since 1996.
- Standpoint has helped over 50 battered and sexually assaulted immigrants obtain humanitarian immigration relief.